Feature request: sort Credit Cards by cardholder name

mrp777
mrp777
Community Member

I have several credit cards saved for myself, as well as my kids, wife, and mother. In order to find them easier in the card list, I have to enter the person's name or initials preceding the card name. It would be easier if there was a better sorting option, for example, by cardholder name, or some other way to categorize the list by "person".

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@mrp777 Thanks for the suggestion! We've experimented a bit with changing the sorting abilities of 1Password, so I'll mention your idea to our developers.

However, in our own experimentation, we've resisted adding too many file/sort options to 1Password to avoid adding complexity and feature-bloat; each instance of a 1Password app is assumed to be used for one user's items, so we don't have - and may not ever have - the kind of robust filing-system management capabilities that people look for in, say, a note-taking or research app.

What you're doing is essentially what I also do in some cases. I have all four of my family members' Social Security numbers in 1Password...and I have to add their name to the record because no one has multiple Social Security numbers in the same way that few people have multiple credit cards from the same bank. It's an extra step, but a small one. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, however, and have a great week.

This discussion has been closed.