Find my data file in order to upgrade to version 6 from 4 for Mac?

patrickcorman
patrickcorman
Community Member

Trying to upgrade to 6 from 4 for Mac. Asks me for data file. where is it?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Find my data file in order to upgrade to version 6 from 4 for Mac?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @patrickcorman! Can you give me a little more context for this? What version of OS X or macOS are you running, and what version of 1Password 4 for Mac were you previously using? Did you download a copy of 1Password 6 for Mac from our downloads page and then try to install it over the top of version 4? Or did you remove version 4 first? The more detail you can give us, the better.

• patrickcorman
    patrickcorman
    Community Member

Thanks, Lars. High SIerra for Mac, Previously using iPassword 3.8.2, upgraded to 6.8.4. Trying to migrate data from old to new. Both versions running but old version now tells me I need to set up my data file.

• patrickcorman
    patrickcorman
    Community Member

Yes, downloaded from download page and I have a license.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@patrickcorman: In 1Password 3, you can find the location of your 1Password vault listed in Preferences > General. If 1Password 6 is not able to find that automatically when you open it, you can select that by choosing the appropriate option under "Used 1Password before?" I've resent your license information via email so you'll have it handy. Just follow the instructions there to register the app, and let us know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.