Suddenly my Mac does not recognize my master password, while my iPhone still does as usual. Why?

vuvietlinh
vuvietlinh
Community Member

FYI, I did not make any change to the 1Password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Suddenly my Mac does not recognize my master password, while my iPhone still does as usual. Why?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @vuvietlinh! Sorry to hear you're having troubles just now. Your Master Password is what is used by the AES256 encryption algorithm in 1Password to derive the actual encryption key that transforms your data from unreadable ciphertext to your readable data -- and back again. This is a mathematical formula, and it isn't possible for 1Password to just arbitrarily change your Master Password without your (or someone's) input.

I'm wondering a few things: on your phone, are you actually entering your Master Password? Or are you using Touch ID, Face ID or a PIN code instead? If so, you may want to try entering your Master Password instead, just to make sure. In fact, please try these troubleshooting steps to see if you can unlock 1Password on your Mac. Let us know how that works for you.

This discussion has been closed.