How to get to login window when it seems to not have a URL?

antipole
antipole
Community Member

On this site there is a login pane which is exposed by clicking on the link 'login' top right.

If I click on this to display the login pane and then command-\ to get 1Password to fill it in, that works. But how can I login in one go, as when the login form has a URL (e.g. WordPress)? If I hover over the login button, the URL gets a # appended, so I have tried including that in the URL, but no luck.

What am I missing here, please?

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:login url

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@antipole You haven't missed anything. If a website doesn't have a dedicated login page that doesn't have to be revealed via Javascript, while you'll still be able to use keyboard shortcuts once you reveal the pop-up, you won't be able to launch the pop-up via Open & Fill. There's a limit to what we're able to accomplish with a URL, and emulating user-click-based javascript pop-ups just isn't one of them. It adds another step to using 1Password with websites with this "feature," but it doesn't preclude it.

Twitter's main page is another such example - almost identical, in fact. The difference there is that Twitter actually maintains a dedicated HTML login page at https://twitter.com/login in addition to the javascript pop-up that can be accessed via user click on the main twitter.com front page. If you can find such a thing for the autocab site, you can bookmark that instead of the main page. If they don't maintain such a thing, however, you'll need to manually (or via bookmark) visit the site, expose the pop-up and then use keyboard shortcuts in 1Password.

• antipole
    antipole
    Community Member

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad Lars was able to offer an answer...even if 1Password isn't able to solve this particular problem for us all. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.