Issues with a long dormant Mac not updating the logins

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

How fast does the logins appear from 1Password.com and the Mac. I have an El Capitan Mac which, although 1Password 6.8 works, doesn't appear to be getting updated?

The Mac is only booted up about 4 to 6 times annually.

1Password Version: 1Password 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem - it shouldn't matter if the Mac is only booted up once a quarter or so; syncing should be quite quick, unless you've made an absolutely massive change to your 1Password data - think in the GB range - since the last time you launched 1Password on that Mac.

The first thing I'd try is to create a new Secure Note on another device, and see if it appears on the El Capitan Mac. Create one from there as well, and see if that appears in 1Password on your other devices. Restart 1Password completely (make sure the mini is quit as well), or even restart the Mac. Make sure you're signed in to the correct account (sometimes people have an old one they deleted or let go into Frozen status), and make sure your internet connection is good from that Mac and you've not got anti-virus or proxies blocking the traffic.

If you've done all that and can't see an obvious reason for the lack of updating, then I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/84693/issues-with-a-long-dormant-mac-not-updating-the-logins#latest
    • Your forum username: wkleem

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the title.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Hi

I will try Secure Note to see if that works first.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

Hi

I created a Secure Note (Windows, v6.7.457) and it came through on my Mac. As expected a Secure Note from the Mac and iOS appears in Windows.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem - great! It sounds as if things are working correctly, then?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

HI

I still unable to see the missing logins but the Secure Notes went through. They are there on Windows though but not coming across on the Mac and they appear on iOS?

Support ID is [#EIW-56465-812]

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@wkleem: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll get back to you shortly! :)

However, it is worth noting that connecting a device to Dropbox only a handful of times a year is likely to result in sync conflicts, as it cannot keep them all in sync in between. I'm happy to take a look, but ultimately Dropbox handles the syncing...and I'm not certain this is something even they can account for.

ref: EIW-56465-812

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2017

Hi

I will do so as soon as I can for Windows and iOS. Because 1Password 6 for Windows doesn't support Dropbox, should I also include 1Password 4 diagnostics as well?

Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem - yes, if you're running 1Password 4 for Windows on the device in question, definitely send the diagnostics report for that in. You're not trying to run both version 4 and version 6 on the same PC, are you?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

@Lars:

I am now probably 1Password 6 95% of the time and don't use 1Password 4 much and not when 1Password 6 is running but I generated the diagnostics and sent it anyway.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem OK, thanks. We'll take a look.

This discussion has been closed.