How an I change the iCloud account I am using on my Mac for 1P but not for all else?

Applehead1
Applehead1
Community Member

The 1Pass on my wife’s iMac is not syncing with the one on mine. We use iCloud to sync. I suspect that it’s because her Mac is logged into her iCloud account, and my iMac is logged in to mine. Is there any way to log only her copy of 1Pass into my iCloud account without changing all her other iCloud linked functions such as Mail, Calendars, Contacts, etc. to mine? If not, what other ways can we fix this sync issue? BTW, we don’t want a pay by the month account. We bought 1Password originally to avoid subscription fees all the time.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra, latest v.
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:How an I change the iCloud account I am using on my Mac for 1P but not for all else?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Applehead1! Unfortunately, what you're attempting really ins't possible. As you know, Apple intends Apple IDs to be sort of like your digital fingerprint for Apple's ecosystem. You can share purchased apps and things between users on the Family Sharing plan, but otherwise data is separate, because each person has an individual calendar, contacts, etc -- as you mentioned.

iCloud sync works great for a single user of 1Password with a single vault -- but it only works for your Primary vault; secondary vaults have always had to be synced via another method such as Dropbox or WLAN sync. If you want to be able to share data with your wife, you'll either need to use Dropbox OR the much more robust, flexible and easy to use 1password.com subscription. I understand you initially wanted to avoid that, but I'm mentioning it because it's by far the best way to share data between two or more individuals. A 1Password Families account (if paid annually) is $4.99/mo (or $59.88/yr) for up to five people, and gives each user his or her own Personal vault plus access to the family-wide Shared vault. And Family Organizers, from there, can create as many additional vaults as they need, with any configuration of family members invited to each one.

If you want to avoid this, you'll want to each separate out your personal items and keep them in your respective Primary vault(s), and then use Dropbox sharing to create a secondary vault you can share between the two of you.

This discussion has been closed.