To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't seem to update my password through UI

Options
peter_dolan
peter_dolan
Community Member

Hello,

I'm having an odd problem. I'm trying to update my password via the ui

It will not allow me to, even though I'm 100% sure the password I'm typing in is right (it works for opening app locally, copying and pasting does not fix it etc)

Any suggestions?

1Password Version: Browser UI
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @peter_dolan,

The password you use to unlock the 1Password app may be different from your 1Password.com account password. If you have a Primary (standalone) vault 1Password will unlock using the Master Password for that vault. You can check if you have a Primary vault in 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults. Is a Primary vault listed there?

Depending on when you created your account you may have a Login item in 1Password for 1Password.com which will have the Master Password and Secret Key from when you created the account.

Thanks.

Ben

• peter_dolan
    peter_dolan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben,

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. No, I'm afraid there is no primary vault -- picture attached. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Peter

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@peter_dolan: Thanks for letting us know. I wonder if this is due to a bug we've identified. (Well, technically speaking it's working as designed, but it's an undesirable behaviour nevertheless.) If you've made changes to your account credentials in a session, you will need to sign out and sign back into the website using the new credentials before you can change anything else. Let me know if that helps!

• peter_dolan
    peter_dolan
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @brenty, this seems to have worked. Good catch!

Thanks so much,

Peter

• Sorry about that @peter_dolan.

That bug should be fixed with the update that we've pushed to our servers this morning. Sorry for letting that one slip in.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.