1Password Mini trying to connect to unknown host?

FaNIX
FaNIX
Community Member

I'm noticed that in little snitch that the 1password mini app is trying to connect to a different IP address and DNS host than what is currently listed on tcpiputils.com.

According to tcpiputils (https://www.tcpiputils.com/browse/domain/1password.com), the IP address that my.1password.com is hosted on is 52.85.184.215 and the DNS is ns-109.awsdns-13.com, but little snitch is reporting that 1password mini is trying to connect to the following:

Hostname: my.1password.com
IP Address: 34.198.28.170
TCP Port: https (443)
Protocol: TCP

region:Virginia
continent:"North America"

I see connections going to the following hostnames:

my.1password.com
c.1password.com

Am I missing something here? I've been seeing strange dns redirects on my local network local with a lot of my traffic going to the Netherlands but for me its most important that 1password is connecting to the correct server. Please let me know.

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

Welcome to the forum, @FaNIX! Good for you, for thinking proactively about your own online security -- it's everyone's job to participate in their own security, because no single application or service can, by itself, keep you perfectly secure. Not even 1Password. :)

However, not to worry in this case -- c.1password.com is a cache server which would be where your copy of 1Password goes looking for the rich icons for the login items you have saved. If you shut off Rich Icons in Preferences > General, you won't see these calls any longer. And yes, your 1password.com data is hosted at AWS’ US-East (N. VA) location. If you look up that IP address, you'll see that's where it originates. In short, don't worry -- nothing about what you've presented looks amiss to me.

ref: NYY-27877-677

This discussion has been closed.