Items not appearing (v6.8.4)

steveo2
steveo2
Community Member

My backup says it has 600+ items, but in 1Password I can only see less than 20, and all added within the last month or so when I first noticed this. I tried restoring from a backup, and it says that 600+ imported, but still not appearing. I then tried completely uninstalling, including the container and preferences, and reinstalling a fresh copy and re-importing, but same result. It shows success 600+ imported, but still only less than 20 recent ones available.

Syncing with Dropbox, same result on my other connected device.

Same results whether interacting directly with the app or through browser extensions.

Tried searching but no real help. Advice appreciated!

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@steveo2: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The item count for a backup includes all items in all local vaults — including Trash. So it sounds like you're either viewing the wrong vault...or you have a lot in the Trash (as do I...)! I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• steveo2
    steveo2
    Community Member

Thank you Brent. You are right. I had not even noticed that trash button at the bottom. I restored and all seems fine now.
    The curious thing is that I DID NOT move any items to the trash, much less all of them. The app apparently did that on its own, without my knowledge or approval. Very curious behavior. Is this a known bug?

Again, many thanks for your help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@steveo2 - 1Password should not move your data into the trash in all but very limited circumstances. One such would be if you opened a 1password.com account (even just to test) and allowed 1Password to migrate your data from your local Primary vault to the 1Password.com vault. In such cases, 1Password places items into the trash, but it doesn't empty the trash -- precisely for this very reason: sometimes people want to get back the data. Is something like this a possibility in your case?

• steveo2
    steveo2
    Community Member

Very odd. No, I haven't opened a 1password.com account that I recall, and reinforced by the fact that I do not have a login saved for it. Very glad of course that the trash was not emptied, and hopefully there is no automatic emptying after a certain timespan.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@steveo2 - 1Password will not empty your trash, ever. In fact, some people use it as an "archive" of sorts, though I prefer to actually create a separate vault and call it Archives (for older, no longer used items), and then just remove that vault from indexing in the All Vaults preference pane. I'm just glad you were able to access your data once more, and that everything seems to be working now. Let us know if you have any further troubles or questions! Cheers. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@steveo2: Indeed, I Trash things in 1Password a lot without knowing it, having 1Password focused when I think Finder is. They both use ⌘ Delete for this, so I'm always glad that I can recover from the Trash as needed — and these is no auto-empty. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.