Why does my extension pop up menu look different?

Retrofuse
Retrofuse
Community Member

When I watch the video tutorials on the 1password youtube channel, the pop up menu looks different from mine after clicking on the extension in Chrome. Am I doing something wrong?

Because of this, I'm having trouble locating the password generator where there are options to change the length of the password that's generated.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017

@Retrofuse: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! That's 1Password X, our new Chrome extension, you've installed! It's geared toward Linux and Chrome OS users primarily, but it works with 1Password.com accounts on other platforms as well. This is designed for situations where you can't install the native 1Password apps. You're welcome to use it, but it does not have a separate password generator. Instead, when you click the 1Password icon in a password field it will offer one that's been automatically generated:

Alternatively, you can create a new login using the password generator in the 1Password.com web interface:

But, since you're using a Mac anyway, why not try 1Password for Mac? You can install it and its browser extension from our website:

https://1password.com/downloads/
    https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

That is what you're seeing in the video. Either way, let me know if there's anything else I can help with. Cheers! :)

• Retrofuse
    Retrofuse
    Community Member

Thanks for the info!! The problem with the suggested password in the 1Password X version is that the password it generates is too long for my banking sites as well as a few others. With no way to edit the length the suggested passwords won't work.

I'm going to jump on those links you sent over. The version used in your demo's looks dope and I love the way you have all of those video's setup so that I can get the most out of your service.

Thanks again,
    Christopher

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're totally welcome! The native 1Password apps + extensions are a great and powerful option. We definitely want to add more flexibility to 1Password X for Chrome too though. Some sites do unfortunately restrict passwords, so we want to be able to accommodate that in 1Password X too in future updates.Glad you're enjoying the videos, and we're here if you need anything else. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.