Options
2»

Comments

• ToniWonKanobi
    ToniWonKanobi
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

@brenty I used that method that @rudy described, and I was able to get the old version

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! Interested to hear if that works, as I haven't yet managed to locate my old iPhone. Thanks for following up. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ToniWonKanobi: Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know that worked for you so you could download the app from the App Store. :chuffed:

• ToniWonKanobi
    ToniWonKanobi
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

@brenty Yup! I used that method that @rudy described, and I was able to get the old version

(It was kind of tedious, but it worked!)

That said, I am running into Dropbox issues (at least, I think it's a Dropbox issue)

The latest compatible version of Dropbox is 2.3.2, and that's what I have on my iOS 6 device.

I tried syncing my newly-installed 1Password 4.3.2 with Dropbox (using that whole Dropbox linking thing), but I got this error:

You guys know what that might mean?

In the meantime, I did iCloud / WiFi Mac syncing to get everything there.

(I honestly think this old version of Dropbox doesn't play nice with other apps, because I have trouble linking to Dropbox from Drafts, Byword, and a few other apps.)

• ToniWonKanobi
    ToniWonKanobi
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Oh I see. I can't use emoji in these posts.

(@rudy @brenty: Maybe you guys could delete all those old duplicate posts :D)

• @ToniWonKanobi,

Yeah, dropbox isn't going to work at all. They recently retired their v1 API. v2 API support was added in 1Password iOS 6.7.

Rudy

• ToniWonKanobi
    ToniWonKanobi
    Community Member
    Options

@rudy I see! Makes sense. Thanks again for everyone's suggestion. You guys should sticky this sort-of-hacky method for weirdos like me who need to use an iOS 6 device from time to time ;)

• Ben
    Options

If we start to run into it frequently we’ll certainly consider that. :) Thanks @ToniWonKanobi

Ben

• aklar
    aklar
    Community Member
    Options

@ToniWonKanobi Thank you for trying it out. Sounds crazy that this method worked. I will save that article in case I have to do this with another app sometime.

• ToniWonKanobi
    ToniWonKanobi
    Community Member
    Options

@aklar Yeah. Pretty crazy, but it worked!

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.