1Password account was working well and then this, "Cannot sign in. User is deleted."

ylacerna
ylacerna
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Mac

Hi! I'm new here. I was able to access my 1Password account earlier today, but when it timed out after taking a break, the Master Password wasn't working anymore. It says, "Cannot sign in. User is deleted."

Thank you for your quick response on this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannot sign in master password

Comments

• @ylacerna,

You'll want to check with your team admin to verify that you're signed in with the right account. It looks like you may have been signed in with one that the admin deleted.

Rudy

• ylacerna
    ylacerna
    Community Member

Thank you for getting back to me, @rudy. Will bounce this off to our team admin.

May I know what may have caused the multiple accounts?

ylacerna

• @ylarcerna : You can sign up for as many 1Password.com accounts as you'd like, and it's possible that you've setup multiple accounts in the past. For example, I have 3 accounts. We (AgileBits/1Password) wouldn't have automatically created you multiple accounts, it would have been something that you did yourself.

It's possible that you don't have multiple accounts, it's difficult to tell without more information. If you only had a 1Password Families or 1Password Teams account, then it's possible that the account owner has deleted your account. You should really have a talk with them and they should be able to help you out.

It's possible that you had an old user account on a 1Password Teams account and that at one point it was deleted and re-created and you're trying to sign in with the old Secret Key instead of the new one. If that's the case and you don't have the new Secret Key then they should recover your account for you.

Rick

• ylacerna
    ylacerna
    Community Member

Thank you, @rickfillion. This is very helpful. Will take note of this.

I appreciate all the help, gentlemen.

ylacerna

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! On behalf of Rick and Rudy, you are most welcome! We're here if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.