I'm being asked to reauthorize every time I open Safari with High Sierra.

tririver818
tririver818
Community Member

I have a feeling there may just be a setting on my Safari preferences I need to change in order for it to remember by 1Password reauthorization but not sure what that might be. Every time I open Safari it asks me to compare the six digit code to authorize.

1Password Version: 6.8.4 (Mac App Store)
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I'm being asked to reauthorize every time I open Safari with High Sierra

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

If you have set Safari to Private Browsing, or anything similar, this will happen.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @tririver818! I don't want to disagree with @danco here, but Private Browsing shouldn't trigger reauthorization of the extension. I'm wondering if perhaps there isn't something more fundamental going on here. Are you using any cache cleaners that perhaps run automatically in the background?

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

@Lars By all means disagree with me. On reflection, I believe I was thinking about being asked for the secret key. Or am I wrong about that.

• Hi @tririver818,

This typically happens when either 1Password of Safari fail to correctly save the authentication secrets after you've authorized them. Generally either restarting 1Password and Safari, or a reboot, will fix it. Or as Lars mentioned, cache cleaners could cause it as they tend to erase the authentication secret on Safari's side.

Rick

• @danco : Private Browsing will stop the Secret Key from being remembered, yes.

Rick

• tririver818
    tririver818
    Community Member

I do not have private browsing turned on. But I just updated to Mac OS 10.13.2 from 10.13.1 and problem seems to be gone. But maybe it wasn't the update but just doing the restart after the update that did the trick. Thanks, everyone!

• That's great to hear. I suspect it was the restart, yea.

Let us know if you run into any more issues.

Rick

• Dan_M
    Dan_M
    Community Member

I'm having this issue today, also. Did a restart . . . still happened.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Dan_M: Thanks for reaching out! Unfortunately without any basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. At this point, all I know is that you're using some version of Safari. Thanks in advance! :)

• Dan_M
    Dan_M
    Community Member

I'm having this issue today, also. Did a restart . . . still happened. OS 10.13.2, 1Password 6.8.4m extension 4.6.12. Doing nothing different than I have been for years. Selecting a login from the mini menu . . . today it intermittently brings up the login page but doesn't populate the password. Has asked me then on the login page to verify the number, which of course I can't see there. Went to the Install Browser Extensions and verified the number there once, but other times there I only get prompted to install the browser extension as if I didn't have it. Working properly the last few minutes, but it has gone in and out several times today.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Has asked me then on the login page to verify the number, which of course I can't see there.

@Dan_M: Thanks for letting me know. That will happen if something is preventing 1Password from connecting reliably to the browser, or if Safari's extension database is damaged. Do you have "security" software which could be interfering?

I'm glad to hear that it's working for you now, but if you encounter the same issue again, please generate a diagnostic report immediately so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support+extension@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#PDA-74644-638]

If you’re reading this and you are not Dan_M, this Support ID is for Dan_M only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: PDA-74644-638

• Dan_M
    Dan_M
    Community Member

No security software. Seems to have been working for several hours now . . . I will follow steps above if it recurs. Thank you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.