1Password Mini in corner of screen on scaled display

RobertBaart
RobertBaart
Community Member

Hi,

When I use the "More Space" scaled option in System Preferences, the 1Password Mini view opens in a seemingly arbitrary place in the upper right corner, instead of in the center as it does when using the default display resolution. See the option in System Preferences and the resulting location of the Mini view below. I am using a MBP 13" 2016 with function keys.
I realise it is only a cosmetic issue, but I'd really appreciate it if it were fixed. If it's been mentioned before or already fixed in a beta version, my apologies, I couldn't find an earlier mention and didn't feel comfortable running a beta version to keep my passwords safe.

Best regards and thanks for a wonderful tool,

Robert

1Password Version: 6.8.4
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS 10.13.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hi @RobertBaart,

Did you ever drag 1Password mini to a custom location by chance? It's not obvious, but 1Password mini is actually draggable so that you can position it where you'd like. By default it's supposed to be centered, but if you've ever moved it to another location then it would remember that location and that could cause something like you're seeing here.

So let's try this... when 1Password mini is up, try dragging it around. Specifically I'd like you to try dragging it to the center of your display. What should happen is that as you get close to the center (a little above center, actually), it should snap into place. Snapping into place is its way of telling you that it has cleared whatever setting it has for a custom location and should prefer coming up in the center going forward.

Can you give that a shot?

Rick

• RobertBaart
    RobertBaart
    Community Member

Hi Rick,

That was it, thanks for the quick help! I must have dragged it to the corner by accident ages ago and only noticed that wasn't the default when I switched display scale.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@RobertBaart -- on behalf of rickfillion, you're welcome; glad he was able to point you in the right direction!

This discussion has been closed.