Multiple Macs - Folder sync

Options
edlhy
edlhy
Community Member

Hi

I am currently using Mac OS High Sierra OS (let's call this Mac 1) with 1Password 6.8.4 (bought from Apple Store) which allows me to sync (WLAN server method) across my iOS devices. All working great.

I'm soon buying a MacBook (let's call this Mac 2) which uses the (Mac High Sierra OS) but searching the forum indicated that WLAN server method allows for one mac and to sync my Macs together, I need to use 'Folder Sync'.

As preparation .... I read the support notes from this site and know what is required to setup Folder Sync on Mac 1. So, how do I get Mac 2 to retrieve a copy of my 1Password from Mac 1? Is it File Import or Restore or ...?

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@edlhy: It seems like a lot of work, so you may want to consider one of the other sync options. keep in mind that your 1Password data is end-to-end encrypted, so 1Password simply doesn't depend on the sync service to protect your data. 1Password is secure by design, not by chance.

That said, if you're determined to set things up that way, just bear in mind that this isn't supported. Be sure to backup your data regularly.

I'm not sure what you're asking here regarding import or restore, but neither of these things are involved with Folder Sync. You just need to set that up on each Mac with a local folder (DO NOT use a network share) which you can then sync between the two using ChronoSync or something similar.

Again, this is not supported, and backups are recommended, but others have had success doing this. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.