Large Type is GIANT

Options
nwalsh
nwalsh
Community Member

I have an iPhone X with version 7.0.3 of 1Password installed on it. It seems a change was made recently that makes the font used when showing a password with "Large Type" really really large. So excessively large someone from across the room could read it too. Because of the very very large font size it also is wrapping passwords that didn't used to wrap (and should still be able to fit on the screen width of the iphone X)

Is there a way to customize the large font used? I'd like something smaller than what it's using now; but recognize there might be people out there who want it that large so it'd be great to have a choice. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.1.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nwalsh: Well...Large Type is meant to be large. ;)

This cannot be customized, but we can consider making changes in the future. In the mean time, you can always just reveal the password instead. Thanks for your feedback on this! :)

• nwalsh
    nwalsh
    Community Member
    Options

The large font used to be smaller - but still large enough to see easily. I would love to go back to that :)

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben, Large type is quite large this time around but I hope with more text it will shrink to fit? The old large type was almost always a constant size.

• Ben
    Options

It appears to work fine even with very long passwords.

Ben

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

@Ben,

I don't find the text size objectionable. I imagined it was bigger than it actually was and now cannot recreate it! Will post some short PIN codes later for consideration. Anyone objects who objects should try Large Type on a 17" laptop screen. That's huge. :)

• nwalsh
    nwalsh
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Here’s a shorter (test) password on my iPhoneX. This used to work without wrapping on the screen:

And a longer password:

I just wish the huge font wasn’t so huge :) I can imagine it’d be massive on an iMac!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nwalsh: Yes, Large Type is larger on a Mac with a much larger screen (15" here):

So...just to clarify, do you feel that your second example is also too big? I think that's why it doesn't seem so bad to me: I'm not using 9 character passwords. :wink:

• nwalsh
    nwalsh
    Community Member
    Options

My passwords tend to be around 12 characters (with a few exceptions). The second example with the longer password is better in the font size but still feels a bit large to me. I guess I just liked what it was using before and didn’t see a need to “go bigger” :)

• @nwalsh,

Thanks for the feedback.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.