for the last few days, 1password hasn't been prompting for face id on my iPhone X.

Options
evandulaney
evandulaney
Community Member
edited December 2017 in iOS

The app works normally, but I have to enter my password manually, and the Face ID button doesn't show up on the password screen. Issue exists in the safari extension too.

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:face id prompt

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@evandulaney: It sounds like iOS isn't telling 1Password that Face ID (actually any biometrics) is available for some reason. Have you tried restarting your device? Also, make sure that this is setup for 1Password both in 1Password Settings > Security and in iOS Settings > Face ID. Let me know what you find!

• evandulaney
    evandulaney
    Community Member
    Options

I tried disabling it both in the app and in settings, restarting my phone, and then re enabling and the issue persisted.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@evandulaney: Thanks for letting me know! If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#QFB-19919-229]

If you’re reading this and you are not evandulaney, this Support ID is for evandulaney only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: QFB-19919-229

• evandulaney
    evandulaney
    Community Member
    Options

Of course this morning it starts working. :|

I’ll post the diag if it happens again.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks! :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.