How do I tell which vault is online vs offline?

Options
komrad
komrad
Community Member

I'm doing a trial run of the subscription / online vault server , at the end of 30 days I'll decide if I like the subscription service. I've run with a single vault for years, and never paid attention to the name since that was an unnecessary detail. Now have 2 vaults in the Preferences->Vaults section, one called Primary and another that is nested underneath my name called "Personal" . How do I know which one is the online / subscription vault , and which one is the online vault? I tried left-clicking, right-clicking, and searching offline/online help for answer but haven't found any indicators that make it clear which is which.

I did click on the Preferences->Accounts and see my name there, which matches the name in the Vaults section, so I could take a leap and deduce that vault underneath my name is therefore the online vault, but I'd rather have an obvious indicator on each vault that tells me something about it. Perhaps for offline vault , show the path to the vault file when you select or right click it. And for subscription, show some language that indicates it's the online account. ie "online account, logged in as "xyz" , or other language.

I'm I missing something? Or is there no obvious way to tell the vaults apart?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.4 (684001) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@komrad - When you create local vaults (which is what you did, when you began a few years ago), the first one has always been called Primary. Signing up for a 1Password membership and then adding that account into your copy of 1Password for Mac will create an account with your name (if it's an individual account), and then the vaults you have underneath. Here again, the default vault is created by 1Password: "Personal."

You can create additional vaults in either case, and if you do so, you can name them yourself. But the defaults are always either "Primary" (standalone, local vaults) or "Personal" (Individual 1Password accounts). Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.