1Password is suddenly missing from Safari on my Macbook Air

Options
sryman
sryman
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Mac

I have been using 1Password for several years on my Macbook Air. Today, the icon has disappeared and 1Password does not show up in the list of extensions in Safari. It seems to have disappeared. How do I get it back and how do I access all of the information stored in it? I am sorry that I do not know what version I was running. I am running OS X 10.11.6. Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password missing from safari on mac

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @sryman! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password just now. It's difficult for me to say what might be wrong, as I can't think of much that would cause 1Password AND the extension to both disappear simultaneously. The only thing I can think of that might do something like that would be a "Cleaner" app that was used by you or someone else with access to your Mac in a bit...ah, too vigorous manner? Is something like that a possibility?

The best thing to try right now if you can't even find 1Password would be to first check your Mac's Trash, then open Spotlight and do a search for 1Password and check to see if there are any results under Apps. Let us know what you discover!

• sryman
    sryman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the prompt response. I did find the application on my hard drive in the utility folder. I have no idea why it disappeared from Safari though I have been having some instability problems (the computer, not me personally) lately. Now I want to re-install from my hard drive into Safari. How do I do this?

Thanks again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@sryman - The first thing you may want to do is move 1Password out of your Utility folder into your Applications folder. It's really meant to go there. In terms of the Safari extension, when you're using Safari do you see 1Password when you click Safari > Preferences in the menubar, and then click the Extensions tab? It may be just disabled. If you see 1Password, what version of the extension is installed? If you don't see 1Password at all there, you can download the latest version at this link, and you should be back in business.

• sryman
    sryman
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. That solved my problem,

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sryman - you're quite welcome! Glad to hear you're back in business. :)

This discussion has been closed.