Feature request: Adding multiple urls

fatso83
fatso83
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Android

In the desktop version you can add multiple URLs to avoid having multiple identical logins for sub-domains. Dell, for instance, uses the same login details for 5 different domains. Ali Baba has a AliExpress top domain in addition the alibaba.com, as another example.

On Android the URL field is a singular field. I cannot add any additional sub domains or alternative too domains. Can you improve the feature parity? An elegant way would be to have a plus sign alongside the edit button on the URL field.

Comments

• Hey @fatso83. I agree and I think it would be awesome if we supported multiple URL fields. This is something we'd love to support in the future, and I'll pass your request on to the team.

Let us know if you need anything else!

• monooso
    monooso
    Community Member

Hi @peri,

I know you don't speculate on release schedules, or upcoming features, but can you provide any indication of whether this feature has been added to the development schedule?

People have been asking for it since at least 2014 (and have continued asking in 2015, 2016, and 2017), and each time the response is that it's something you'd love to support in the future.

If this simply isn't going to happen, I'd prefer to know. That way, I can at least make an informed decision on how to proceed (creating duplicate logins, looking at other password managers, or whatever else makes the most sense for me). I'm sure others would also appreciate such candour.

Thanks for all your hard work on 1Password.

Best regards,
    Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@monooso: Likewise, thanks for your kind words and support! It's almost definitely happening. I say "almost" because it isn't complete, and goodness knows stuff happens. To be clear, we're not explicitly working on "adding multiple URLs" but rather more general improvements to editing and item details to enable custom fields, etc., which opens a whole world of possibilities. I'd say if a duplicate login would speed up your workflow today, do it. If you've decided that the featureset you paid for in 1Password no longer meets your needs and there's another product that does, use it. But hopefully we'll have something more to share in this area Soon™. :)

• monooso
    monooso
    Community Member

Thanks for the prompt response, @brenty. I'll keep my fingers crossed, and a close eye on the betas.

• Great! Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.