Allow Face/Finger to open after reboot

Options
Julien
Julien
Community Member

Please allow Face ID and Finger Print ID to open 1Password after a reboot. I always need to use and must go in and type my password first. No other app (including banking) I know of requires this. At least offer instant Face/Finger after a reboot as an option.

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Julien: That's an option in 1Password Settings > Advanced > Security. It's not something I'd recommend, as I hear from far too many people who forget their Master Passwords after not using them for so long, but it's your data and it's your call. Cheers!

• Julien
    Julien
    Community Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Doesn't work on my iPhone (X) or iPad (10.5" Pro). What am I doing wrong?

• Good morning @Julien. Given the screenshots you posted, everything is working as designed. After you reboot your iPhone you will see the field for your Master Password, but you can still use Face ID to unlock 1Password by tapping the Face ID button.

The reason it works this way is so we give folks a subtle reminder that they do indeed have a Master Password and that they should remember it. I hope this helps, but if there's anything else I can clarify please don't hesitate to ask.

• Julien
    Julien
    Community Member
    Options

Well then I had them off all the time. I thought that the Master Password screen coming up meant I had to enter it. Never tried tapping on the Finger Print icon (Face Print next time I restart my X). Maybe you could to make it more clear somehow for dummies like me.

• MrRooni
    edited December 2017
    Options

@Julien You're not the first one to have this confusion and you're certainly no dummy. :) I'll file an issue for it and see what we can do.

ref: OPI-4360

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Julien,

Maybe you could to make it more clear somehow for dummies like me.

This support article says something about it:

Use Face ID to unlock 1Password on your iPhone X

Making it clearer directly in the app would be preferable, likely what both you and MrRooni have in mind. :)

This discussion has been closed.