I changed the name of my user account and home directory. Now Update fails with "permission denied"

Windows 10. 1Password for Teams 6.7.457.

I originally created a local account the same name as my domain account. When I joined the computer to the domain it created a new home directory for my at username.DOMAIN. I've gone in and deleted the local account, renamed my home directory and fixed all the permissions and paths in Windows and the registry so it is just "username". 1Password worked fine up until this update is trying to download. Now I'm getting errors that say "Setup was unable to create the directory username.DOMAIN. Permission denied. Errror 5"

Where do I change the path the Update service is using?

1Password Version: 6.7.457
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Teams
Referrer: forum-search:update "permission denied"

Comments

• @GregKet1 as you already have guessed that's a permission issue. 1Password was installed at folder for user A and now Windows sees user B trying to update it.

To fix 1Password just uninstall it (it will not remove your local data), then download and run https://cache.agilebits.com/dist/1P/win6/1PasswordSetup-6.8.488.exe. 1Password keeps it's data at %localappdata%\1Password folder, make sure that your current user has permission to read/write there. Hope that helps :)

• GregKet1
    GregKet1
    Community Member

Unfortunately Programs and Features could not uninstall 1Password because it could not find it "maybe it has already been uninstalled. So I opened the Shortcut, used it to Open the target folder, then found something called "uninstall". It ran saying everything was uninstalled but all the files were still there. Then I ran the installer you gave me a link to and it installed fine and I'm up and running on the new version. Thanks for the help!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. On behalf of Sergey, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.