To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Want to delete or fix account

Options
Kaesar
Kaesar
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Memberships

I recently formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows due to a blue screen of death error. In this process I lost my 1password account secret key. Since i cant sign into my account on the website without it, i cant do much. What should i do? or is there a support member that can help, seeing as i want to buy the product now

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2017
    Options

Hi @Kaesar,

Thanks for taking the time to write in. I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with your PC.

Without your Secret Key it is impossible to access your data, as the Secret Key is used along with your Master Password to encrypt your data.

This guide may help in finding your key:

Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

If ultimately you’re unable to find it the only recourse would be to start over. If you need to do that please send us an email from the email address on your account to support@1password.com and we can help. When you do so you’ll get an automated email back from BitBot with a Support ID. Please post that ID here.

Thanks.

Ben

• Kaesar
    Kaesar
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for replying so quickly.
    The support ID is: [#WRT-78569-767]

• Looks like Daniel has replied to your email. He should be able to get you sorted.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.