iPhone 6 usage

Rapp
Rapp
Community Member

How do I use this with an iPhone 6? I want to put my Amazon account and password on it.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Rapp: Thanks for getting in touch! Manually saving a new login for the site will allow 1Password to save additional information from the form (even better using the 1Password browser extension on the computer, if that is an option for you), which will help it when filling the login:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Just try this:

1. Navigate to the website
    2. Enter your login credentials
    3. Tap the 'key' icon (or the Share button, to use the extension in Safari) to bring up the login menu
    4. Tap + New Login
    5. Tap Save
    6. Close the webpage and tap the URL in your new login item to have 1Password fill it
    7. Tap the "Sign in"/"Log in" button to submit the form

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

• Rapp
    Rapp
    Community Member

No, no web involved. This is an app that wants to know your login username and password. The password is 20 characters long and the appp does not have a 1Password icon. I think this thing uses copy and paste but I don't know how that works in iPhone 6.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Rapp: Ah, thanks for clarifying! Indeed, Amazon's app, as far as I can tell, does not support 1Password. While we offer a 1Password extension for iOS, it isn't something we can build into other apps ourselves. Their developers will need to add support for it. Otherwise it is necessary to copy and paste.

On iOS, if you tap and hold in a password field, that should give you the option to paste. And in 1Password for iOS, if you swipe to the right on your Amazon login item, that will give you a quick copy option for the password.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.