I am using a chrome extension on my mac and it is not auto-populating my AmEx password correctly

I am on a mac, chrome version 63.0.3239.108. I saved a password for my american express account. When I login here: https://my.1password.com/home
and "Reveal" my password, it is the correct one but when I try to auto-populate using the extension, it doesn't auto-populate the correct password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension mac not autofilling correctly

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

@kdonnino When you say "auto-populate" do you mean when the AmEx sign-in page loads or when you select the 1Password item from the extension? 1Password requires that you explicitly request filling, usually by selecting the item from the 1Password interface after you visit a page to sign in. Some users still have their browser's password manager enabled and this can cause some confusion. In Chrome, this usually manifests as a yellow background on the fields when the page loads and info is filled in.

I hope this helps. Let me know. :smile:

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• kdonnino
    kdonnino
    Community Member

thanks for your note. what do you mean when you say "1Password requires that you explicitly request filling, usually by selecting the item from the 1Password interface after you visit a page to sign in." i don't see this...is there a tutorial or documentation on how to do this? i do still have my chrome password manager enabled (because i haven't yet had much success with 1password) but i can also turn that off to see if that helps. please let me know about the above though.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Have you seen our extension page here? https://support.1password.com/explore/extension/ 1Password doesn't fill your details just any time you visit a page that happens to have a password field on a site. It requires that you select your item from the extension (or one of the other ways that counts as instruction, but I don't want to cloud things up with those other options) in order for 1Password to fill it in.

This discussion has been closed.