Forgot Master Password and need to reset

CJBGarden
CJBGarden
Community Member

Hi, I am on a trial of 1Password and have forgotten my Master Password and so need to reset/restart (I have not entered much thus far, but want to start now) On the reset instructions for Android, it gives the 1st instruction as "Unlock 1Password". Umm.... If I could unlock 1Password, I would not have to reset/restart. Or am I missing something? I don't have it installed on anything else and I don't have any other family members on the account - just this one little totally inaccessible account.
Thank you,
CB

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• CJBGarden
    CJBGarden
    Community Member

I just saw another post about same topic and will send an email.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@CJBGarden: Resetting the app won't affect your account, and won't help you get around the Master Password problem. That's why it isn't something we take into account in the support article.

(Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'reset' for you to help directly. I'll follow up with you via email.

In case it benefits you or anyone else though, the tips in this guide may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly.

This discussion has been closed.