iOS 11.2.1 safari auto fill not working

ShellySusman
ShellySusman
Community Member

In 1Password, when I tap the website URL, the auto fill of the username and password is not working.

Extension appears as the first entry in the Safari activities .

Please advise.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 11.2.1
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:iOS 11.2.1 safari auto fill not working

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @ShellySusman! Can I ask for a little clarification? When this occurs, are you starting in 1Password for iOS? If so, tapping on the URL of any item you have saved won't actually open Safari, it opens 1Password for iOS's internal browser. However, assuming the login information is correct (uses proper login page for that website, etc), the information should be filled in.

If you're starting in mobile Safari and navigate to a website's login page, tapping the share sheet should allow you to tap the 1Password icon, unlock 1Password and use a saved Login item you have for that site. The username/email address and the password will be filled, although the "Submit" or "Login" button won't be activated because iOS prevents us from doing this. Can you elaborate a bit on the steps you're taking and what specifically isn't working? Thanks in advance.

• ShellySusman
    ShellySusman
    Community Member

Hi Lars - thank you for the rapid response! Yes, from within 1Password, I am navigating to the website by tapping the URL which invokes 1Password’s internal browser.

I tried a test. In 1Password, I created a new login for CVS. Steps:
    1. Tapped ‘+’ New Login
    2. Scrolled down and chose CVS
    3. Added my email address
    4. Added my password
    5. Save

From within 1Password, I tested the new CVS login by tapping the URL. 1Password took me to the CVS homepage at CVS.com and the login credentials were not auto-filled.

I noted on the CVS home page, there is a separate ‘Sign in’ menu item. When tapping the ‘Sign in’, the email address and password are not filled in.

I hope this helps. Please advise

• ShellySusman
    ShellySusman
    Community Member

Hi Lars - Please disregard. User error on my part. With your help, here is what I learned. When navigating to a URL, I have to navigate to the login page. Once on the login page, then invoke 1Password (either the ‘key’ if using the internal browser or the extension) to fill the login credentials.

Note - this is covered in your user documentation. I apologize for wasting your time :(

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ShellySusman - no worries! I'm just glad you got it figured out. Using 1Password isn't rocket science, but there's just enough of a learning curve if you're not familiar with password managers that it can sometimes take a bit of trial-and-error in addition to reading the documentation before you're comfortable. That's why we're here! As long as you use 1Password regularly, you will be an old pro in no time. :) Happy New Year!

This discussion has been closed.