1Password extension keeps unloading from Firefox 57.0.2

aretzler
aretzler
Community Member

Every morning when I restart my Mac, I have to install the 1Password extension on Firefox. It works fine after that, but it's getting a bit tedious having to install the extension each morning. Has anyone seen this happening, and if so, what can be done to fix it?

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.5 (685004) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OSx 10.13.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Hi @aretzler - no, that's a new one on me. Can I ask: what happens if you DON'T (re)-install 1Password's Firefox extension, but instead try using the one from the previous day?

• aretzler
    aretzler
    Community Member

I'll try that tomorrow when I log back on to my computer. I'll take some screen shots.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good! Happy new year! :)

• aretzler
    aretzler
    Community Member

So here's what I found. When I opened Firefox, cmd-\ prompted me for a password, but would not fill the form. I looked at the add-ons and saw that it had the extension installed.

I then opened the menu for the 1Password Mini and saw the Add Firefox Extension.

I looked for the extension from previous days and couldn't find it anywhere on my Macbook. I then removed the extension from Firefox, went to the Agilebits downloads and installed it from there. It seems to work throughout the day with no issues then, even if I close Firefox. But I shut down every night and run into this first thing in the morning. It's not a huge issue, just kind of cumbersome.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@aretzler Thanks for the additional info and the screenshots. While I'm glad that this isn't inconveniencing you too much, it shouldn't be happening at all. Unless you'd really rather not, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#LNT-66634-397]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

ref: LNT-66634-397

• aretzler
    aretzler
    Community Member

I did the above request.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@aretzler -- yup! I see that. Thank you! However, I also replied to you around 20 minutes before you posted this, so I'm wondering whether you received my reply? Let's keep the conversation going via email if you did. If you didn't receive it, let me know!

This discussion has been closed.