Cannot access account: wrong email/key/password.

jtennantsere
jtennantsere
Community Member

Signed up yesterday, typed password into my emergency kit and gave a hard copy to husband. Closed out program, re-opened to verify my account, copied and pasted all information from my emergency kit including my password. Worked great and I typed in one of my bank passwords for a trial. Today I was unable to access my account. Copied and pasted the exact same info off of my emergency kit page and nothing worked.

The only instructions for resetting seemed to be tied to the app which I hadn't installed yet. I did that today, but its useless without having access to my account. As it stands now, I can't even create a new account because there is already an account using my email.

I cannot provide any more information as it all requires gaining access to the account that I cannot access. And without any support, all that I am left to do is contact the bank and deny payment. This was a very frustrating exercise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

And without any support, all that I am left to do is contact the bank and deny payment. This was a very frustrating exercise.

@jtennantsere: I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean here. This is the support forum for AgileBits, the makers of 1Password.

I cannot provide any more information as it all requires gaining access to the account that I cannot access.

That's okay: definitely don't post sensitive account information here, as this is a public support forum!

Signed up yesterday, typed password into my emergency kit and gave a hard copy to husband. Closed out program, re-opened to verify my account, copied and pasted all information from my emergency kit including my password. Worked great and I typed in one of my bank passwords for a trial. Today I was unable to access my account. Copied and pasted the exact same info off of my emergency kit page and nothing worked.

I'm sorry to hear that. Can you tell me more about the issue you're running into though? Are you receiving an error message? If you're not using the 1Password app, that must mean you're trying to sign in using your web browser. Is that correct? If so, which OS and browser versions are you using?

The only instructions for resetting seemed to be tied to the app which I hadn't installed yet. I did that today, but its useless without having access to my account. As it stands now, I can't even create a new account because there is already an account using my email.

Indeed, resetting the app will not delete your account. 99% of the time, nuking your account is a bad idea. Without more information it's hard to say why you might be having trouble, but a few things come to mind:

• You've chosen a different Master Password for your account
    • You're trying to sign in using the wrong URL, or some other account credentials are incorrect
    • Your browser is already setup with another 1Password.com account and expecting a different password

Are you able to access the 1Password app or website on any of your devices? If so, that could allow you to get your account credentials again. Let me know what you have to work with and we'll go from there! :)

This discussion has been closed.