How can I find all passwords that have not been updated for long time?

ryuichi
ryuichi
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Mac

Hello and happy new year!

I recently happened to find out that one of my sort of important passwords stored in 1Password was several years old. Is there a way or feature to get a list of passwords that have not been updated for long time so that I can regularly rotate them?

Thanks for the great tool by the way ;)

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@ryuichi: Thanks for the kind words! If you view Security Audit on the left, you can see "3+ years old", etc. However, you should not "regularly rotate" passwords; rather, you should use strong, unique passwords for each login:

Change your passwords and make them stronger

If you already have a unique randomly generated password for a website, the only reason to change it is if it has been compromised. No need to waste time changing it to another that is equally strong otherwise. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions. Happy new year! :)

• ryuichi
    ryuichi
    Community Member

@brenty Cool, the "Security Audit" section is exactly what I was looking for. Shame that I didn't find it myself :|

I was actually wondering if changing to another unique randomly generated strong password is necessary. Thanks for the advice here too ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@brenty Cool, the "Security Audit" section is exactly what I was looking for. Shame that I didn't find it myself :|

@ryuichi: Yeah, sorry about that. We're exploring ways to make it more visible — and more useful — in future versions. :blush:

I was actually wondering if changing to another unique randomly generated strong password is necessary. Thanks for the advice here too ;)

Sure thing! I'd hate for you to make a lot of extra work for yourself if you've already got good passwords. But in cases where you don't, Security Audit will help you hunt them down! :sunglasses:

This discussion has been closed.