iCloud Sync - POOR USABILITY on the Session Expired Notification Box

Options
airbag
airbag
Community Member

Hi, please consider this as a usability feature to consider.
I use iCloud sync. As you know when you clear browser history it freaks and asks you to re-sync with icloud as the session has expired.
This becomes a real pain when your a web developer who cleans their browser history often, meaning the notification can happen multiple times a day.

Problem is, there is only one button on this popup box which says "OK". When you hit it, this button takes you off to icloud to sync. It may not sound that much of a big deal... but when your working away and this happens a few times a day, it gives you the shits as everytime you go to close the 1PWD box it opens a new tab up to go to Apple... it's something which has been overlooked and takes you away from your focus of work.

So, why not make two buttons... one to say "YES SYNC NOW" and one to say "ILL DO LATER" which will close the notification box without it opening a new browser tab and trying to load the iCloud website every time)?

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@airbag: Thanks for getting in touch. I’m sorry for the confusion! It isn't something we have control over, as iCloud sessions are established according to Apple's frameworks. And, frankly, an "I'll do it later" button would have to disable sync entirely. If someone clicked that and forgot, they'd not be syncing at all, potentially for a long time and causing conflicts. I understand where you're coming from, but I'm not sure how that would be a better user experience.

More to the point, we do offer a number of sync options, so maybe you'd prefer one of those. But we're also working with Apple to find a solution that does not require signing back into iCloud as frequently, but also having the session persist better, perhaps without having to use the browser at all. It's definitely something that's on our radar. Thanks for your feedback on this!

This discussion has been closed.