followed the directions for changing my gmail password. 1Password didn't save it & now it's locked!

riverotterdc
riverotterdc
Community Member

I'm ready to toss this whole process. ARGH! I followed the directions for changing my gmail password -- the directions provided by Dave Teare, the founder of AgileBits, in one of his "intro" emails. The problem? 1Password didn't ask to save the change to my password. I tried to get back in and now everything is locked down. AARRGGHH!! You've just made my online life a living HELL!

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 1.3.0
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:followed the directions for changing my gmail password. 1Password didn't save it & now it's locked!

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@riverotterdc - Sorry for the trouble! Not having been there, it's difficult for me to say exactly where things might have gone off the rails, but let me ask you this: if you followed password-change instructions from us, then you probably used the password generator in 1Password. Am I right? If so, you will have a saved Password item in 1Password for the password you generated for Gmail.

Try this: in the main 1Password window, make sure you're in All Vaults (assuming you have more than one vault), then click the Passwords category in the left sidebar. At the top of the list of passwords that pops up, you'll see a small drop-down menu that will say something like _X_ items, sorted by ??? - the question marks are because I don't know how you have them sorted. Usually alphabetically, if you've not changed it. Click this, and change to Date Created. The most recently-created password should be at the top now, and that should be the one you created for gmail. Let us know if that gets you back into your account. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.