"Ipad Mini is trying to..."

kellybbbb
kellybbbb
Community Member

Ever since updating to the current version, there's an annoying notification that "ipad mini is trying to...master password"...something like that. In the past, I was able to enter my master password simply clicking the icon in the browser.

How can I disable this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

Welcome to the forum, @kellybbbb! Sorry to hear you're having troubles just now, but I'm going to need a little bit more information in order to be able to help you. You've posted this in the 1Password for Mac forum, but you say the error message you're receiving refers to "iPad Mini?" That's not like any error message I've ever seen. Can you tell me more precisely what you're seeing, and under what conditions it occurs, on what device?

Better yet, if you can take a screenshot of the error message you see before dismissing it, and then posting it here, that would be even better (assuming it does not contain personally-identifying information). Please let us know the platform you're using 1Password on (Mac, iOS, Windows or Android), the version of OS you have installed, and the version of 1Password. Thanks!

• kellybbbb
    kellybbbb
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

My apologies! It says: "1Password Mini is trying to Unlock 1Password." Maybe it's just a matter of disabling touch id (as it's presenting that as an option to unlock)? I'm going to try that, and if it it doesn't work, I'll screenshot it. Thanks for your offer to help!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kellybbbb - Thanks for the clarification. Honestly, the first thing I'd try is a simple restart of your Mac. If you have a touchbar-enabled Mac, that alone might be enough to correct things. Let me know how you get on. :)

This discussion has been closed.