Why do android app ask for master password every time I open it

Options
Alexeus
Alexeus
Community Member

Hi.
I've installed 1password android app for my father. And I've got some strange behaviour when filling password with keyboard.
It asks for master password very time 1password-keyboard.

Steps:
1. Open 1password app
2. Type-in Master password
3. Switch to browser and go to new site
4. put cursor to login field
5. switch keyboard to 1password-keyboard
6. click on unlock button to get login-password suggetsion
7. entering master password (still 1password App was not closed, and it took only 1-2 minutes from step2 to step7)
8. select entry, fill in login
9. accidently click on page body, so keybord is closed
10. click on password field, 1password-keyboared appeared
11. I need to enter master password again

Looks like it too much to ask for password every time I open keyboard in a short period.
It also happens when I'm switching between 1password app and any other app. When I switch back to 1password I need to fill master password again.

When you do not have fingerprint sensor it annoys.
Device: Sony Xperia z3 compact.

1Password Version: 1password-android 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 6.0.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Alexeus: If your device supports Nexus Imprint, you can use that to unlock 1Password:

Use your fingerprint to unlock 1Password on your Android device

Otherwise you can customize your security settings in 1Password to have it require your Master Password at different times. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Alexeus
    Alexeus
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    Thanks for reply.
    I've set auto-block for 15 mminutes

but still every time I open keyboard I need to fill master password.

Nexus Imprint is not an options for this device since there is no fingerprint.

It looks like 1password for android is locking itself every time it go away from display (like hiding 1password keyboard, or switching from 1password androidapp to any other app and back).

I don't see any option for this. But I wish i had it.

• peri
    Options

Hey @Alexeus. From the screenshot, it looks like you have Lock on exit turned on. This will lock the app every time you switch away from it. The auto lock timer won't come into effect with Lock on exit turned on. The automatically lock setting dictates when 1Password will lock if you have Lock on exit turned off. You can find more on that in our guide on auto-lock.

You can enable a PIN code, or turn Lock on exit off, and you shouldn't be prompted for the Master Password every time.

Let us know if that helps!

• Alexeus
    Alexeus
    Community Member
    Options

@peri Thanks. You're right, Lock on exit is turned on. I've misunderstood meaning of "exit" for android.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, glad that Peri's suggestion helped. I'll be honest, that's thrown me off too, and I prefer leaving it off and sticking with the timer. We're here if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.