How to enter my 1Password 5 license key after upgrading to 1Password 6?

hrm52375
hrm52375
Community Member

I have just updated my 1password 5 to 6 but can't find a way to enter the license key, the application always opens one finder window

1Password Version: 1Password6
Extension Version: 6.8.5
OS Version: OS High Sierra 10.13.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @hrm52375! If you've been using 1Password 5 for Mac, then it may have been a while since the last time you had to license 1Password, so you may have forgotten that a while back we switched from the traditional serial number-style of license key that a user has to type into a space within the app to register it, to a license file.

I've resent your license information out to you in a separate email, so if you don't receive it, please check your Spam or Bulk email folder, as sometimes overzealous spam filters can mark unsolicited email from us as junk. Inside the email is a link to click that says Click here to apply your 1Password license. Make sure 1Password is running and unlocked before you click this link. It should license 1Password for you automatically. Let us know if you don't receive the email, of if you have any problems! :)

• Toorosan
    Toorosan
    Community Member

Hi @Lars,
    I have the same problem with upgrading 1password from 5th version to 6th and so on ;(

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @Toorosan! Sorry for the trouble; I've just resent your license information to the address you used to register it. :)

• Toorosan
    Toorosan
    Community Member

Thanks a lot, @Lars!
    It works just fine. :chuffed:

• On behalf of Lars, you're welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.