kindle initialization issue

stepgeek
stepgeek
Community Member

Downloaded kindle app from mac app store.
tried to connect to amazon.
They want us to type in the userid and password and won't allow a paste from 1password.
are we missing something?
Tom Thurman

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:kindle app

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@stepgeek - Let me make sure I understand what you did: in the Kindle for Mac app, you tried to paste in a username and password you copied out of 1Password, and you weren't able to paste?

If that's the case, then I'm afraid there's probably not much we're going to be able to do to help. Developers can create their own apps any way they like, within the limitations of the OS, and if they disallow paste, then there isn't much anyone else, including us, can do. Is what I described what actually happened?

If so, then probably your best bet for logging in will be to use the Large Type feature of 1Password to display the password text in a large, readable, persistent format on your screen, so you can type it into the Kindle app's password field.

• stepgeek
    stepgeek
    Community Member

Lars,
    Yes you understand it correctly.
    They disallow paste.
    Thanks for the information and the quick response.
    Unfortunately for the user, as you might imagine, entering a 46 character long password is somewhat problematic.
    So Amazon with this policy actually drives users to use short passwords.
    We will deal with long passwords; I had already suggest that to the user.
    thanks
    Tom Thurman

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@stepgeek Thanks for understanding, and I'm sorry we don't currently have a better solution for you. There actually may be some assistance coming in the future for problems of this sort, but we don't have anything to share on that score just yet. Stay tuned!

This discussion has been closed.