Personal to Family w App?

Options
oakman
oakman
Community Member

Longtime lover of 1Password. Just upgraded to Family plan to add to spawn and share a vault. Having trouble. Can invite spawn via email. Fine. But then what? They each have free 1Password apps on their iPhones (OS 11.2) running but I want to (1) merge their current vaults to their new personal vault, (2) have them access both their personal and shared vault on their apps, and (3) NOT let them see my personal vault. I tried the scan code but then my son could see all my personal vault.

Pulling my hair out, and there's not much left :(

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@oakman: No one but you can se your Personal/Private vault unless you give them your account credentials. Don't! Similarly, you cannot see others' Personal/Private vaults. Any additional vaults you create, however, can be shared with some, all, or none of your family members. Be sure to invite your loved ones to setup their own accounts:

https://support.1password.com/family-sharing/

As for the rest, they'll need to migrate their data to their new account on their main device and sign in on the others:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#migrate-your-data-on-your-main-device

Keep your hair, and let me know if you have any questions at all! ;)

• oakman
    oakman
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, the key seems to be that each family member should have their own ACCOUNT, not just the app. I missed that step. Thanks so much.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@oakman On behalf of brenty, you're quite welcome! I'm glad he was able to help. You sound like you're all set from here on out, but if you should run into any snags or have additional questions, feel free to drop by anytime! Have a great weekend. :)

This discussion has been closed.