Feature request: Show favorite logins at the top of the 1Password Mini menu

marker
marker
Community Member

My main use of 1Password mini is to grab a password when 1Password cannot fill it in (e.g., connecting to a server). Therefore, it would be great if the favorites were listed in the main menu, rather than having to go to 1PWmini > Favorites > Select login > Copy Password. It'd be even better if I could right-click on the favorite and be able to copy the password to the clipboard!

Thanks for the great product as always!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1password mini show favorites

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@marker - thanks for the kind words and the suggestions! I doubt we'll be re-arranging the layout of the mini, given that a lot of people's workflow already includes its current layout. However, Shift + Cmd + C (⇧⌘C) in 1Password mini will copy the password of the selected item. There's also a full list of other keyboard shortcuts you may find helpful. Hope that takes away a little of the drudgery!

• marker
    marker
    Community Member

Hi Lars, thanks for the feedback. Understood. If there is interest in reworking this in the future, perhaps there could be an option to replace the "Favorites" menu with the actual list of favorites. I would enable the option!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@marker - thanks for taking the time to weigh in and let us know how you use 1Password and how you'd like to use it. Though we may seem a bit opaque due to not wanting to promise what we later discover we can't deliver for some reason (or can't deliver on time), we really are grateful for every bit of user feedback we receive. We're all so familiar with 1Password that it can sometimes be a bit of a challenge to see things from the perspective of real-world users who don't spend 8 or 10 hours a day messing with minutiae of 1Password. So thanks for helping us out in that regard!

• nolamesa
    nolamesa
    Community Member

I was thinking this feature request would be great. Essentially have an option to inline favorites in the main menu of 1password mini. Also I found that cmd+shift+c does not work for one time password login items

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @nolamesa! Thanks for weighing in on this issue. :) Indeed, you're not wrong; per our list of keyboard shortcuts, Shift-Command-C is designed to copy the password, not other fields.

• nolamesa
    nolamesa
    Community Member

I see any chance you can support either the shortcut or the favorites on the main list as a solution for this case?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nolamesa: What's the use case? I don't know how 1Password could know when you want the shortcut to copy another field versus the password. I have a lot of TOTP logins, some of which are Favorites, some are not. But in either case, I find it much quicker to bring up almost anything in 1Password by typing a few characters into the search box — usually as few as two or three. From there, any Favorites in the search results will be at the top, which I can hit Enter to open and fill, and then the TOTP code is automatically copied to the clipboard. Are you not using 1Password to fill the username and password for sites where you use TOTP?

• nolamesa
    nolamesa
    Community Member

@brenty the reason what you say doesnt work for me is because I use it for connecting to a VPN through tunnelblick. Since I cant go through a browser there is no easy auto fill option. In my case I was hoping the copy shortcut could work since I have only the one time password set for this login item (no username or other pass).

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nolamesa - ah, gotcha. Well, you can still use the search bar to locate items, then copy/paste into anything such as your VPN or other app on your Mac that requires a login but where 1Password cannot fill.

• nolamesa
    nolamesa
    Community Member

I was just looking for a quicker way to do this via a shortcut and/or less typing hence the feature request. It already works, it's just not ideal for something I need to do multiple times a day

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nolamesa - understood, and I'll pass your comments along to the dev team. Thanks for bringing it up! :)

This discussion has been closed.