Logging into 1Password app and chrome extension in the same time

Options

Hi!

It is annoying that I have to type my password 2 times when I want to log in. Once to chrome with 1Password X and twice to 1Password mac app. It is possible in any way, that when I type my password once, I will be also logged in chrome/mac app?

Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.5.
Extension Version: 1.3.0.
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@PiotrJDulski: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! 1Password X cannot coordinate with the desktop apps, as it's designed to work without them. If you'd prefer, you can use the 1Password extension that works with 1Password for Mac and Windows instead, as that will unlock with the app and also integrates more with the OS:

https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• PiotrJDulski
    PiotrJDulski
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty for such a quick answer! I didn't know that classic extension is still operating :). On my private mac i will use mac app + chrome extension, on my business laptop - 1Password X.

Best regards from a satisfied customer! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! It may be that in the future we'll merge things and have one extension that works either on its own or in conjunction with the desktop apps, but for right now 1Password X is still very new — and only works in Chrome — and we have a lot of features we want to add before we try to do anything like that. Glad to hear that 1Password X is working well for you for work though, as that's one of the use cases we had in mind when we decided to make it. Cheers! :chuffed:

• lcorsini
    lcorsini
    Community Member
    Options

+1 to merge both extensions, it could tremendously simplify things for people like me that jumps between different platforms.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

If we can, it will probably be a ways off. We still want to get 1Password X in Firefox, and if we're to merge things, we'll need to make sure we have it everywhere we can. :)

• lcorsini
    lcorsini
    Community Member
    Options

Sure, right now I agree on working on firefox support first (see my previous post) but it's good to know that the idea of a merge of the two extensions is at least in some roadmap :+1:

• beyer
    beyer
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2018
    Options

@Lcorsini: I can't give out all of our secrets (or my boss will take my virtual keys away), but I can confirm we've had this very discussion and the future looks incredibly bright! In my ideal world we will have a fantastic extension that works without a native 1Password application installed, and only gets more features when you're on a machine which has 1Password installed.

We greatly appreciate your feedback and thanks for using 1Password! <3

&drew

• mrjamesmoore
    mrjamesmoore
    Community Member
    Options

+1 for this feature as well and it's real annoying having to type in the password twice.

Anyway the Desktop App and 1PX could send a notification to 1P phone app? Then acting on that notification would let you in? Not sure if that would be any quicker than typing in your password so just a thought.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mrjamesmoore: Thanks for letting us know! We definitely don't want to do anything insecure like having notifications unlock your data (which would be impossible anyway since a notification cannot decrypt anything, but nevertheless), but I agree that having these things integrate would be good. I'm curious why you're using both though, if you're able to run the native app and its extension. In the future if everything converges though it will be moot either way. :)

• mrjamesmoore
    mrjamesmoore
    Community Member
    Options

Using 1PX cos it's new :)

• Ben
    Options

Fair enough. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.