To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Moving from 1Password6 app to subscription... and weird 1password iCloud sync error

Options
careyhouston
careyhouston
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Memberships

Hi all. I currently have 1Password6 app (purchased on App Store) on my Mac, iPhone and iPad. Just recently got a new Mac and iPhone, and moved 1password to sync using iCloud instead of Dropbox. Two problems:

1. 1password6 vaults now are empty on tablet and phone. No big deal, I thought, as I'd probably prefer to move to subscription anyway... but the online instructions for how to do that don't seem to work for me. Since I bought the app on the App Store, I don't have a secret key. When I use my email and enter the master password, it doesn't work. I submitted an email support ticket requesting license key on Jan 2 and have had no response yet. So I"m stuck.

Happy to upgrade to the subscription plan, but want to make that not a manual process. If it's manual, I may as well look at other password managers...

How can I:
Buy the subscription plan, and move my current vault from 1password6 app to the new subscription?

1. Now every time I try to use the browser extension, I get a message that I have to RE-log in to iCloud (despite that my setting is set to "keep me logged in". Not a massive deal in the near term, but if I can't get rid of this, it's not workable longer term.

I'm guessing a user error but can't find solutions... please help.

thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.4 0001
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6
Sync Type: Recently moved to iCloud sync

Comments

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member
    Options

Okay @careyhouston.

First of all, if all of your vaults are still stored on Dropbox then you'll have to reconnect to Dropbox in order to see them again.

Once you've regained access to all of your passwords, follow the instructions here.

To signup for an account, click here.

If you subscribe to 1Password, the easiest way of ensuring your data is on all of your devices, you'll be given a Secret Key which you must keep extremely safe. Never lose it.

• careyhouston
    careyhouston
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• Jacob
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hey @careyhouston! Glad to hear Darren helped out here. :) If you have some other questions, feel free to let us know.

ref: EFR-35141-877

• careyhouston
    careyhouston
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Agile Bits support rocks.

• Ben
    Options

Thank you!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.