Android Oreo 8.1 (Pixel 2): Autofill won't prompt/show 1Password in some apps

varunyellina
varunyellina
Community Member

I'm trying to bring up 1Password to fill my login details in my banking app. 1Password doesn't show up. It does work in other apps though.

It used to work with this app back on Android 8.0. The bank login entry even had the Android app associated with it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ELaGzIbf76dCCr4f1

1Password Version: 6.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 8.1.0
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• peri
    edited January 2018

Hi @varunyellina! :)

I downloaded the digibank app and was able to fill using the accessibility service. Can you try tapping in the username field? Does the Autofill with 1Password prompt pop up when do you that?

If not, can you try toggling the accessibility service off and back on, exiting and relaunching digibank, and let me know if that helps?

• varunyellina
    varunyellina
    Community Member

Hi @peri
    I tried your suggestions. Didn't work.

• Thanks for the update, @varunyellina. Do you have both Autofill and the accessibility service enabled for filling, or just one?

• varunyellina
    varunyellina
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Both services are on. It doesnt work when Accessibility is turned off either.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@varunyellina: Like Peri, I'm not having any trouble getting "Autofill with 1Password" in the Digibank app. Is there anything else we should know about your setup? I'm on a Nexus 6P here, and unlike many other apps where autofill doesn't work it's like butter — even on this old thing. I'm not sure which device Peri has currently. What's an example of an app where it does work? And what keyboard is that?

• varunyellina
    varunyellina
    Community Member

@brenty @peri I'm using a Google Pixel 2 running 8.1.0. I'm using the stock Google Keyboard.
    It is working in other apps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@varunyellina: Thanks! I'm really stumped, because I was testing Citi myself earlier and cannot get it to work there. What is the specific Citi app you're using, if you don't mind? There are a lot on Google Play, and maybe I was testing different ones. We definitely want to look into this further.

• varunyellina
    varunyellina
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@varunyellina: Thank you! Okay, that's sort of a relief, because that Citi app does work with autofill for me as well. I've asked the development team to take a look at this because Digibank should work the same for both of us as well. We'll be in touch if we need more information. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention!

• varunyellina
    varunyellina
    Community Member

I uninstalled both Digibank and 1Password, and downloaded them again. No change in behaviour.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for confirming. I didn't think it would, but it never hurts to try!

• Hi @varunyellina! Brenty asked me to jump in here to see if I can help determine why Autofill isn't working for you with the Digibank app. There seem to be a number of different Digibank apps, but it seems like I'm not able to download the one that you're using. Could you confirm that Peri linked to the correct one above?

• varunyellina
    varunyellina
    Community Member

@mverde Yes, that is the one. com.dbs.in.digitalbank

• Thanks for confirming that @varunyellina! That should help us with testing Autofill.

• shingle
    shingle
    Community Member

I'm having this exact same problem with the Fidelity Investments Android app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fidelity.android

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@shingle: Try the password field. Not sure what's going on with the username field, but I'm able to get "Fill with 1Password" there. Let me know if that helps.

ref: OPA-1377

• shingle
    shingle
    Community Member

Nope. I have the username remembered because before, when it worked, it couldn't fill that out. Now activating the password field doesn't bring up the 1Password filler. If I switch to the 1Password keeper and do the manual filling using the keyboard, 1Password seems to know that the app is Fidelity since it presents that account to fill with.

• Hey there, @shingle. I'm able to fill using the accessibility service into this app on my end. Are you using Autofill or the accessibility service? Can you exit and relaunch Fidelity, and make sure you've launched and synced 1Password and try again?

• shingle
    shingle
    Community Member

Ok. Turning off autofill (accessibility was already enabled) seems to have done the trick. Strange that it worked with both enabled with every other app but Fidelity.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know that helped! Odd, but it may help us figure out what's going on there.

• carlylemiii
    carlylemiii
    Community Member

Has the team ever thought about a "force" option for autofill? That was one thing LP offered that was nice. You could have a quick tile or notification for when the app wouldn't prompt, and it worked almost 100% of the time, then (I think even for Citi?).

I'm not actually having any problems at the moment. I'm just curious :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@carlylemiii: I'm not aware of us trying something on Android in particular, but I know that when we've done things like that on the desktop it has caused some real issues with websites. Since "forcing" the wrong thing can result in people getting locked out of accounts it's something we need to be carful with.

This discussion has been closed.