Trouble converting desktop license to family subscription

Options
mholden
mholden
Community Member

I am trying to convert my single license to a family subscription that I just created. I tried to follow the steps from the video about converting, by I'm hitting a snag. Here are the specifics....

I was running with 1Password 4 on my old mac that was on El Capitan. My mac died, so I bought a new one, restored my time machine backup and upgraded my Mac immediately to High Sierra. 1Password4 didn't seem to work so hot in High Sierra (was time to upgrade it anyway), so I fumbled my way through things and somehow managed to upgrade to a 1Password 5 trial license. That trial license has recently expired. So, I have now created by family subscription. The auto-detect shown in the migration video did not seem to happen (not that I had two values in there, although was was empty). Also, when I try to manually add an account to my desktop license, there is no "Accounts" icon on the Preferences page in 1Password5 trial license.

Can you please let me know how to proceed? Do I just backup up my 1Password data, delete the existing 1Password app, then download/install new one then import? Or is there an easier way? I guess I'll need to delete all the 1Password apps on my other devices (2 iphones, 2 iPads) first before installing the new one? I currently sync my 1Password using dropbox.

I have a lot of data stored in my current 1Password and want to make sure I don't lose anything, so am trying to be careful here.

Thanks,
Mark

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

This discussion has been closed.