To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Password change - now neither old nor new works...

Options
FishOn
FishOn
Community Member

Logged in yesterday via the web and changed my password. After logging out and trying to log in again neither the new nor the old password works... I was able to log in on PC app and phone app with the old password, but not new...
Any ideas?
Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FishOn: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Each 1Password app will unlock using the Master Password you've set there for the first vault/account setup there. And since the Master Password is not stored in your data, it cannot sync; rather, your data is encrypted with the Master Password, and when it syncs, it can be decrypted using the correct Master Password.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to be more specific though. Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, did you make the change on one device, and maybe you just need to unlock with the "old" Master Password on the others first so the data can sync? After that you'll be able to unlock using the new one. Thanks in advance! :)

• FishOn
    FishOn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - think I got it, but still need a bit of clarification, so let me explain my setup and current situation:
    Browser (Chrome) - this is where I changed my master password and now cannot login again (I've also tried many permutations of potential typos - that would have been able to pull off twice consistently when I changed my password)
    1 windows app - can currently login to the app (used old password), but cannot sign in to 1password account.
    iPhone - can currently login to the app and it says "Subscribed" in Account Status in settings (not sure if that means it's syncing or something else)
    New Android Phone that I tried to setup just as I changed the password via the browser - cannot login neither with new nor old password.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@FishOn

Any ideas?

Without looking a bit further, unfortunately not. To get a better idea of what might be going on, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?ios

—Windows—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?windows

—Android—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?android

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending them:

[#MAP-32221-154]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. We'll take a look and let you know what we find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @FishOn only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: MAP-32221-154

• FishOn
    FishOn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - will do tomorrow

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds good! We'll be here. :)

This discussion has been closed.