My MacbookPro no longer syncs with our primary vault. Two iphones will. Conflicted Copy

Michelle Gale
Michelle Gale
Community Member

My Macbook Pro which never had issues is all of a sudden not syncing to our primary vault. My husband and my iphone is working. When I try to get into preferences to confirm where my computer account is pointing I can't seem to do anything without my secret key.... I'm not sure I ever had one and if I did I can't find it. Also, when I look at the primary vault on Dropbox it has 4 files in it. One saying it is a conflicted copy.

Also, my extension stopped showing on the top corner of my browser but is now hidden under those three dots in the top right corner. I have to click there first.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 10.13.1
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:conflicting copy

Comments

• Michelle Gale
    Michelle Gale
    Community Member

OK.... I signed us up for a family account hoping to help the situation but now all my data is in a "private" account that I can't seem to merge with the shared account. How can my husband and I share the same vault.....this is what we always did before that stopped working somehow. I just want us to both have access to the same vault where we share everything. I will likely add my eldest son and give him his own vault at some point....but until them my husband and I like to share all of our information. How can we do that?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Michelle Gale I'm sorry for the trouble! Sounds like you had a couple of issues hit you simultaneously. I'm glad you've signed up for a 1Password Families account; it is truly by far the most robust, flexible and easiest way to share data amongst a family while still giving everyone their own Private vault for their individual 1Password items.

That's the way 1Password Families works, in fact: each member gets a Personal vault for their own items, and each member gets access to the family-wide Shared vault. I know you said you and your husband want to share everything, but consider: you each probably have at least one email address that isn't shared (you have yours, he has his). Same goes for things like Instagram or Facebook accounts, etc. While of course you'll share things like the bank information and the family Netflix login, other things aren't secret -- but it can be confusing if there are two or three or four items in Shared, all labeled "Facebook." Make sense?

What I would do is figure out which items you really want to move into Shared (and if that truly is all of them, go for it!), then follow these instructions to move those items over. Make sure you choose "Move" and not "Copy," else you'll have duplicates of everything. Let us know if you have any problems!

• Michelle Gale
    Michelle Gale
    Community Member

Thanks Lars. When and how do I get rid of my dropbox keychain? Now that the family plan is set up is everything in the new location now?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Michelle Gale

When and how do I get rid of my dropbox keychain?

As soon as all your data is safely within your 1password.com account! You can open your Dropbox folder on your Mac and search for anything with a .agilekeychain or .opvault ending, and delete them.

Now that the family plan is set up is everything in the new location now?

You tell me! :) I don't know what your data looks like, so I really can't say whether everything was imported successfully. It certainly sounds like it, from your description, but I can't be certain. What you should do to be sure is sign into your account in a browser and look at the items there. If they seem complete (or at least like the most-recent version of your 1Password data when it was in Dropbox), then you're good to go. If you notice items missing, then we'll need to dig a little deeper on what specific steps you took and what might be missing. Let us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.