Extension clicks registering on wrong things

When using the 1PX extension, click inside the extension popup only works correctly on my primary display.

When using the extension on another monitor, the clicks (and mouse-moves) are registered on the wrong inputs, causing the extension to effectively not work. Moving the Chrome window to my main monitor resolves the issue.

Display arrangement:
1. 2736x1824 @ 175% scaling (primary)
2. 3840x2160 @ 150% scaling
3. 2560x1440 @ 100% scaling

Again, only the primary display works, it also doesn't work on the 100% display.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.30
OS Version: Windows 10 FCU
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mariusmarais: Thanks for getting in touch! That's really odd. Are you using Chrome on all three displays? What if you have Chrome on only one of them? Do you see any change in the behaviour? Are you seeing the same issue with Chrome or other apps or extensions? What GPU(s) are driving these displays? Are you using any display management software, such as a background app from the graphics vendor, or a 3rd party manager? Thanks in advance! :)

• mariusmarais
    mariusmarais
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Hi @brenty

I typically have the same Chrome instance open everywhere. Moving all the windows to the same display does not help. Moving the window with the active extension popup to the primary display does help, whether or not other Chrome windows are open elsewhere.

Changing the primary display to another one (#2 or #3) makes the extension work on that display, but not #1 anymore. (This does not require restarting Chrome, the effect is immediate.) This seems to also rule out scaling since both #1 & #2 are scaled, whereas #3 is not

EDIT: I've now realised that the uBlock Origin extension is showing the same behavior.

The GPU is an Intel Iris Plus 640, the device is a Surface Pro 2017. Screen #1 is the Surface display, #2 is a Dell P2715Q connected via DisplayPort through the Surface Dock, #3 is a no-name IPS panel connected via DisplayPort through the Surface Dock. Disconnecting either external display does not make a difference and "aligning" the displays so they all touch in the same corner (3BR = 2BL = 1TL) does not make a difference.

I'm not using any third-party display apps: only the built-in Windows 10 settings. There is no Intel display app as far as I can tell, but the driver itself is an Intel one, version 22.20.16.4749.

I have noticed that the problem only occurs with the window displayed by the extension button next to the address bar, and NOT with the in-page 1P icon showing the drop-down of identities matching the current site.

• Thanks for the additional information, @mariusmarais.

I'm quite perplexed by what you are reporting as the drawing of the 1Password popup window is handled completely by Chrome. So perplexed in fact that my original thought when reading this thread was that you have the 1Password desktop extension installed as we handle things differently there. Now the thing is you mentioned that uBlock Origin has the same issue, so my theory is likely wrong, but just to be 100% sure, could you double check your Chrome Extensions page and verify that you only have a single extension installed and it's called 1Password X? I'm pretty sure that's what you have already but thought it best to make sure :)

I did google for issues related to multiple displays in Chrome and I found quite a few. I didn't find anything applicable to this issue, sadly, so I'm not sure what else to recommend at this point. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

• mariusmarais
    mariusmarais
    Community Member

Yes, only 1Password X version 1.4.0.

Thanks anyway

• mariusmarais
    mariusmarais
    Community Member

OK, I've done some more research and testing: seems it's definitely a Chrome bug which manifests when multiple monitors don't use the same scaling. https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/tyzywUJfkQI

Since there is a workaround I'll just have to live with it for now :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for following up to let us know! I was sure it had something to do with the scaling, but I didn't feel that "something to do with the scaling" was a very helpful answer. It's good to know this is a known issue with Chrome though, as otherwise it's pretty baffling and would be difficult to try to track down. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.