Migrate individual out of family plan

Options
vale
vale
Community Member

My partner and I had a family plan together, but as we have separated, I would like to migrate them from a member of the family account to an individual account. How should I go about doing this? Is there anything to be done other than having them export their data and then importing it with a new account?

Thank you very much.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@vale - If you need to remove someone from a 1Password Families account, you can do so at any time in the Members section (in a browser, not the app) by selecting the member, clicking "Manage" and then deleting them.

If you want to give them a chance to take their data with them, have them either create a 1Password individual account or create a local vault (former is easier) and sign into that account in 1Password so that both accounts are present in the app. Then they can use these instructions to move items between their Private vault in the 1Password Families account and their new Individual account's vault(s).

• vale
    vale
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the swift reply.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vale - you're quite welcome! Let us know if you need further assistance. :)

This discussion has been closed.