Feature Request: Insurance card info

alanhoyle
alanhoyle
Community Member

Insurance info would be another obvious thing to keep in a secure vault, and it seems like, while there is variance, there are a lot of commonalities in the insurance cards and the data stored on them and a template/category would be great to have.

E.g. things like Group, subscriber, etc. would go in there.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@alanhoyle: Indeed, I keep insurance information in 1Password myself. We do not have plans to add a specific "insurance" category though, since there generally isn't going to be enough to devote an entire category to that...and if we add every requested category that would quickly become a mess. Instead, we'd like to make it possible to create custom categories in the future, so you can make whatever you want without everyone else having to use the same thing. IN the mean time though, Membership items work great for that, and Secure Notes in general are useful because you can always add custom fields to your items to organize information. Cheers! :)

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

@alanhoyle gravitated towards that solution once I figured out that there were differences between categories. The ability to add custom fields makes it work great, group and payer ID, Script ID, etc.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AlwaysSortaCurious: The only caveat being that custom fields cannot be used for filling...but maybe we'll find a way of doing that in the future that doesn't cause headaches. ;)

This discussion has been closed.