'Can't import item'?

Options
mgrad92
mgrad92
Community Member
edited January 2018 in iOS

I tried using the Share menu to iMessage my daughter a login from my vault so she could import it into hers. When she tapped the long link on her phone, tho', the 1Password app launched and showed a 'Can't import item' permissions error. What are we doing wrong?

1Password Version: 7.0.5 (iOS app)
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 11.2.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @mgrad92

What type of item is the one in question? It doesn’t appear your daughter has the Pro features for 1Password for iOS and so she will not be able to create/import items that belong to categories exclusive to Pro features customers.

Ben

• mgrad92
    mgrad92
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. It's just a login (sorry — must've forgotten to mention that). I honestly don't know whether she has Pro features. A login seems like a pretty fundamental category, tho'. This makes me wonder if import itself is a feature only available to Pro customers.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mgrad92 - here's the list of Pro features for 1Password for iOS, in case you're interested in the full run-down. I'm not quite sure why your daughter would get that message. Was it a login item with perhaps TOTP (2FA) as part of it?

• mgrad92
    mgrad92
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Hi, Lars. No, it was just a Netflix login — username/password only. And I found out today that it's happened every time I've used iMessage to share something from 1Password (tho' I have no way to go back and re-create what those have been).

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2018
    Options

Thanks @mgrad92 for the additional info. So:

1. It appears your daughter does not have the Pro features, but that shouldn’t matter.
    2. We have a bug filed (OPI-4400) to track this issue. It is not expected behavior.
    3. Unlocking 1Password BEFORE trying to import the item, and having Lock on Exit disabled (so 1Password can remain unlocked while in the Messages app) appears to be a possible workaround.

Please give that a try and let us know how it turns out. :)

Ben

ref: OPI-4400

• mgrad92
    mgrad92
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben! I’ve sent that to her to try — I’ll let you know what I hear back. She’s away at college and pretty busy, tho’, so I don’t know when she’ll have time to troubleshoot.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mgrad92 - Sounds good -- let us know how/if that workaround goes. And keep an eye on the updates for 1Password for iOS, fixes for bugs are usually in the release notes. Thanks for your patience.

• kclarke2000
    kclarke2000
    Community Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

My wife got the same error today, she is running Pro see attached.

• mgrad92
    mgrad92
    Community Member
    Options

(A brief, unhelpful update: My daughter's been bogged down with practices, classes and the flu, so I've got no word yet on whether that workaround works.)

• Ben
    Options

@mgrad92

Thanks for the update. Please let us know when you know more.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.