My tags are not showing up in the sidebar of my Mac app

learning_1pw
learning_1pw
Community Member

Using my Mac 1Password app, I added a tag to a couple of items in one of my Family vaults. It does not show up under the Tags heading in the side bar.

I then logged into my Family account on 1password.com, went to the vault, and the tag does show up in the side bar there. What do I need to do to get the tag to show up in the Mac app? I looked at my preferences and didn't see anything obvious there.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: not used
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1Password family

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@learning_1pw -- that's odd! If you're using the current version of 1Password for Mac (6.8.6), or for that matter, any version in the last year or so, you should be able to scroll down and see the Tags button underneath all your categories. It may be minimized currently, but clicking on it should expand it. Does that work?

• learning_1pw
    learning_1pw
    Community Member

Hi Lars. Here is the part that I was missing. If I hover my mouse over the word "Tags", a "show" button appears to the right of Tags. Clicking on that, of course, exposes my tag. My mistake was that I was expecting the tag to just show up like on the web site, so I didn't move my mouse to that area of the screen.

The good news is that I just found the Tags on my iPad, too. You have to click on the "Organize" button at the bottom of the screen.

I'm happy now and will be using Tags more extensively.

Thanks,
    tom

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, gotcha. Glad to hear all is well! Indeed, tags are a really flexible way to organize things. We're here if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.