1Password button in my Safari toolbar does nothing when I click it.

ericsh
ericsh
Community Member

For the past couple weeks the 1Password button in my Safari toolbar is unresponsive, unless I first unlock my vault using 1Password Mini, and even then, the Safari button only works if I'm on a site displaying a login screen.

1Password Version: 6.8.6
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS 10.13.3
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension button not responding

Comments

• SheriffOfNottingham
    SheriffOfNottingham
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

I have exactly the same issue. I've experienced it for months and have to close Safari and reopen to (temporarily) resolve - very annoying..

I'm running the latest versions of 1Password and 1Password mini on 10.13.3.

• ericsh
    ericsh
    Community Member

This problem has persisted after uninstalling & reinstalling the Safari extension and rebooting my Mac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ericsh, @SheriffOfNottingham: Thanks for getting in touch! I've never heard of anything like this before, so would you mind generating a diagnostic report after trying again so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening?

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and post the Support ID you receive here once you've sent it. Thanks in advance!

• ericsh
    ericsh
    Community Member

Thanks Brenty, I will do this as soon as it reproduces. At the moment it's working okay.

• ericsh
    ericsh
    Community Member

Okay, it happened again. I generated the diagnostic report and sent it in. The Support ID I got back is #ZBQ-79188-589.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ericsh: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: ZBQ-79188-589

This discussion has been closed.